1.10.11

Change in the Making

I had this blog written out in my head all week. I knew exactly what I would say and how I would say it.
...and then as only He does so well, the Lord changed it

The last few weeks have been rough
yeah, that's putting it lightly
bordering on dishonesty

since the last post, I've struggled
struggled to make sense of the issues that were brought up
struggled to  give myself grace
struggled to identify the root
struggled to heal

one day, things are going great
...they'll go great for a few days
and then suddenly, something happens that knocks me back
so I fight
remind myself of the truth I've forgotten
the truth that is more real than my pain

Tonight, I sat down to write a post about an amazing song
about God not giving up on us 
about being redeemed

And it hit me again like a ton of bricks
...yet it was different
Suddenly I saw the situation in a new light
I saw that the pain caused by the current situation was so painful because it was deeply connected to past pain and hurts in my life

yes, I may feel hurt
but really, is what I'm feeling proportionate to the situation?
or is there something deeper?

So as the deep and buried pain began to rise to the surface, I absolutely broke down. Now, I'm not talking I cried for a few minutes. I'm talking, I was curled up in the fetal position on the floor of the shower for 20min while I sobbed and then stumbled to my room where I sobbed for another 40min. I was shaking and couldn't move; my breathing was so shallow I started going numb.

Can't lie, in that moment, I felt like a 5 year old
there is nothing grown up about this scene
nothing dignified

but until I'm willing to let go of my pride and dignity
until I become like a child
until I allow myself to experience the pain I've buried,
I will never know healing

I want healing
Desperately.

Maybe I wrote the blog about the song after all
maybe the story is still the same
just told a little differently

...and until I am complete, I will continue to tell my story...

No comments:

Post a Comment